Saturday 2 January 1943US date format: 1/2/1943, UK date format: 2/1/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Filiz Akin and Georges Blanc.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1943 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Filiz Akin
- Georges Blanc: French chef and restaurateur, with three Michelin stars and four toques from the guide Gault et Millau.
- Bar?s Manco: Turkish singer and television producer (d. 1999).
- Jean-Claude Binoche: French auctioneer for Drouot, a French holding company specializing in auctions for the art market.
- Janet Mattei: Turkish-American astronomer (d. 2004).