Saturday 2 January 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bar?s Manco and Jean-Claude Binoche.
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1943 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Bar?s Manco: Turkish singer and television producer (d. 1999).
- Jean-Claude Binoche: French auctioneer for Drouot, a French holding company specializing in auctions for the art market.
- Georges Blanc: French chef and restaurateur, with three Michelin stars and four toques from the guide Gault et Millau.
- Janet Mattei: Turkish-American astronomer (d. 2004).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?