Wednesday 13 January 1943US date format: 1/13/1943, UK date format: 13/1/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Moll and Richard Moll in California.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1943 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Richard Moll: American actor.
- Stan Jones: Politician.
- Richard Moll in California: USA; actor (Night Court, House, Dungeonmaster, Survivor).
- Stefania Careddu: Italian film and stage actress, the daughter of the writer Marianna Frigeni.
- William Duckworth: American composer and author (d. 2012).
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Casablanca
- Hitler declares Total War
- Russian offensive at Don under General Golikov.
- US infantry captures Galloping Horse ridge Guadalcanal.
- WWII: The Japanese are driven off Guadalcanal.
- The world's largest office building, The Pentagon, is dedicated in Arlington, Virginia.