Wednesday 13 January 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Moll in California and Stefania Careddu.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1943 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Richard Moll in California: USA; actor (Night Court, House, Dungeonmaster, Survivor).
- Stefania Careddu: Italian film and stage actress, the daughter of the writer Marianna Frigeni.
- William Duckworth: American composer and author (d. 2012).
- Richard Moll: American actor.
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Casablanca
- Hitler declares Total War
- Russian offensive at Don under General Golikov.
- US infantry captures Galloping Horse ridge Guadalcanal.
- WWII: The Japanese are driven off Guadalcanal.
- The world's largest office building, The Pentagon, is dedicated in Arlington, Virginia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?