Tuesday 19 January 1943US date format: 1/19/1943, UK date format: 19/1/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Joplin and Pamela Crane.
The Kid Rides Again, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1943 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Janis Joplin: American singer and rock-star of the hippie years whose style of singing was a cross between blues and larynx-shredding, carefully rehearsed shrieking.
- Pamela Crane: British astrologer, author of "Draconic Astrology" and of "Interdimensional Astrology," as well as many articles.
- Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
- Larry Clark: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Margriet : Dutch royalty, the daughter of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard, born during her family's exile during wartime while their country was occupied by Nazi Germany.
- Princess Margriet: of the Netherlands.
- Petchara Chaowarat: Thai film actress.
- Margriet Francisca: Dutch Princess.
- Janis Joplin in Port Arthur: Texas, USA; blues rock singer ("Down on Me").
- Dorothea Künstle-Schmiechen: German art historian, musicologist, journalist, esoteric (Iching, graphology, tarot) and astrologer.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff decide on invasion in Sicily