Tuesday 19 January 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Margriet and Margriet Francisca.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1943 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Princess Margriet: of the Netherlands.
- Margriet Francisca: Dutch Princess.
- Janis Joplin in Port Arthur: Texas, USA; blues rock singer ("Down on Me").
- Pamela Crane: British astrologer, author of "Draconic Astrology" and of "Interdimensional Astrology," as well as many articles.
- Janis Joplin: American singer and rock-star of the hippie years whose style of singing was a cross between blues and larynx-shredding, carefully rehearsed shrieking.
- Dorothea Künstle-Schmiechen: German art historian, musicologist, journalist, esoteric (Iching, graphology, tarot) and astrologer. A student of Reinhold Ebertin she is a certified astrologer of ‘Deutscher Astrologenverband/ DAV’. Her special interests focus on research of Moon-cycles, the planetoids Ceres, Pallas, Juno, Vesta as well as on Lilith (Black Moon). She is an exact astro-twin of the American astrologer Nancy Hastings.
- Margriet : Dutch royalty, the daughter of Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard, born during her family's exile during wartime while their country was occupied by Nazi Germany. The hospital room was declared part of Holland in order that she could be born technically in her own county.
- Petchara Chaowarat: Thai film actress
- Larry Clark: American director producer and screenwriter
- Joint Chiefs of Staff decide on invasion in Sicily
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?