Sunday 17 January 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Charles Brandenstein in Watertown and Chris Montez.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Daniel Charles Brandenstein in Watertown: Wisconsin, USA; astronaut (STS 8, 51-G, 32, 49).
- Chris Montez: American singer.
- Rene Preval: President of Haiti.
- Geoffrey Deuel: American minor actor, the brother of actor Peter Duel (who changed the spelling of their family name).
- Aarno Laitinen: Finnish journalist.
- Wendy Yoshimura: American artist and political activist, Patty Hearst's underground companion. Born in a California Internment camp during WW II, she grew up a feminist, though her art was non-political. She lived in Japan from the time she was three, 1946-1956, and spoke no English when her folks returned to California.
- René Préval: Haitian agronomist and politician 52nd President of Haiti
- Tin Can Drive Day
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?