Sunday 17 January 1943US date format: 1/17/1943, UK date format: 17/1/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Deuel and Wendy Yoshimura.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Geoffrey Deuel: American minor actor, the brother of actor Peter Duel (who changed the spelling of their family name).
- Wendy Yoshimura: American artist and political activist, Patty Hearst's underground companion.
- Rene Preval: President of Haiti.
- Daniel Charles Brandenstein in Watertown: Wisconsin, USA; astronaut (STS 8, 51-G, 32, 49).
- René Préval: Haitian agronomist and politician 52nd President of Haiti.
- Tin Can Drive Day