Friday 15 January 1943US date format: 1/15/1943, UK date format: 15/1/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ashraf Aman and Stuart E Eizenstat.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1943 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Stuart E Eizenstat: adviser to American Presidents Carter and Clinton.
- Ashraf Aman: first Pakistani to reach the summit of K2.
- Margaret Beckett: English metallurgist and politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
- Stuart Eizenstat: American lawyer and diplomat United States Ambassador to the European Union.
- Mike Marshall: Major League Baseball pitcher (1974 Cy Young Award).
- 1st transport of Jews from Amsterdam to concentration camp Vught
- World War II: The Soviet counter-offensive at Voronezh begins.
- The world's largest office building, The Pentagon, is dedicated in Arlington, Virginia.
- 1,000 workers complete the air conditioning system for the Pentagon.