Tuesday 10 June 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Borderie and Marie Boutboul.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1924 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Bernard Borderie: French film director and screenwriter, and the son of Raymond Borderie, one of the producers of the film Les Enfants du Paradis (Children of Paradise, 1945).
- Marie Boutboul: French attorney, passing her Bar exam in 1947.
- Audie Murphy: War Hero.
- Friedrich Bauer: German mathematician computer scientist and academic (d. 2015).
- Giacomo Matteotti: Italian socialist deputy, assassinated by fascists.
- 1st political convention broadcast on radio-Republicans at Cleveland
- First political convention broadcast on radio: Republicans at Cleveland, Ohio.
- Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 June 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nobody's Sweetheart - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- California, Here I Come - Georgie Price
- Days of Yesterday - Elliott Shaw
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?