Tuesday 10 June 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Cons-Boutboul and Bernard Borderie.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 June 1924 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Elisabeth Cons-Boutboul
- Bernard Borderie: French film director and screenwriter, and the son of Raymond Borderie, one of the producers of the film Les Enfants du Paradis (Children of Paradise, 1945).
- Marie Boutboul: French attorney, passing her Bar exam in 1947.
- Audie Murphy: War Hero.
- Friedrich Bauer: German mathematician computer scientist and academic (d. 2015).
- Giacomo Matteotti: Italian socialist deputy, assassinated by fascists.
- 1st political convention broadcast on radio-Republicans at Cleveland
- First political convention broadcast on radio: Republicans at Cleveland, Ohio.
- Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Days of Yesterday - Elliott Shaw
- California, Here I Come - Georgie Price
- Nobody's Sweetheart - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?