Tuesday 10 June 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Cons-Boutboul and Bernard Borderie.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1924 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Elisabeth Cons-Boutboul
- Bernard Borderie: French film director and screenwriter, and the son of Raymond Borderie, one of the producers of the film Les Enfants du Paradis (Children of Paradise, 1945).
- Marie Boutboul: French attorney, passing her Bar exam in 1947.
- Audie Murphy: War Hero.
- Friedrich Bauer: German mathematician computer scientist and academic (d. 2015).
- Giacomo Matteotti: Italian socialist deputy, assassinated by fascists.
- 1st political convention broadcast on radio-Republicans at Cleveland
- First political convention broadcast on radio: Republicans at Cleveland, Ohio.
- Fascists kidnap and kill Italian Socialist leader Giacomo Matteotti in Rome.