Saturday 10 March 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katharine Houghton and Birgitta Sellen.
God Is My Co-Pilot, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1945 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Katharine Houghton: American actress.
- Birgitta Sellen: Swedish politician.
- Jean-Louis Castagnède: French senior magistrate.
- Katharine Houghton in Hartford: Connecticut, USA; actress (Guess Who's Coming to Dinner).
- Birgitta Sellén: Swedish educator and politician.
- Madhavrao Scindia: Indian politician Indian Minister of Railways (d. 2001).
- Giovanna : Italian singer and record producer.
- Japan declares Vietnam Independence
- Tokyo in fire after night time B-29 bombing
- Tokyo on fire after night time B-29 bombing.
- Germany blows-up Wessel Bridge on Rhine.
- George Patton's 3rd Army makes contact with Hodge's 1st Army.
- US troops lands on Mindanao.
- The U.S. Army Air Force firebombs Tokyo, and the resulting firestorm kills more than 100,000 people, mostly civilians.