Friday 10 June 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
Bernie, directed by Richard Linklater, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Seal Team Six by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked or Coin Drop!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 June 2011 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 June
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian Army begins operations to ampquotrestore securityampquot to Jisr al-Shughour and the surrounding area. (BBC)
- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan describes the crackdown as ampquotinhumaneampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands protest across the country, with at least 23 deaths reported. (Trend News Agency Azerbaijan)
- Sudan's military bombs a village in Unity State, amid increasing tensions with South Sudan. (BBC)
- The Somali interior minister, Abdi Shakur Sheikh Hassan, is killed by a female suicide bomber at his house in the capital Mogadishu. (BBC)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Fresh NATO airstrikes take place over the capital Tripoli. (Al Jazeera)
- The African Union calls for Muammar Gaddafi to step down and leave Libya. (All Africa)
- The People's Republic of China's only ratings house that grades sovereign entities, the Dagong Global Credit Rating Company, states that the United States is already defaulting on its debt by allowing the U.S. dollar to devalue against other currencies, diminishing the wealth of China as a U.S. creditor. (AFP via Yahoo!)
- The South Korean Central Bank raises its benchmark interest rate by 25 basis points to 3.25 percent. (Dow Jones via ''The Australian'')
- At least 14 people are killed as a van falls into a canal in Azad Kashmir in Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Radioactive cesium above Japanese legal limits is found in tea from the Shizuoka Prefecture, located 300 kilometres from the earthquake-damaged Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. (NHK)
- The British Environment Agency declares drought in five English counties ndash Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire, parts of Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Norfolk ndash following a dry spring. (Sky News)
- Iran has reportedly been caught on 10 separate occasions trying to send arms to terrorist groups, including Hamas and the Taliban. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- South China Sea dispute:
- Vietnam said that a Chinese fishing boat had purposefully torn away a seismic research cable laid by Vietnam's Petrovietnam oil company inside Vietnam’s 200 nautical mile exclusive economic zone. (BBC)
- Yuri Budanov, a Russian colonel convicted of strangling an 18-year old Chechen girl during the Chechen War, is shot dead in Moscow. (RIA Novosti)
- Hundreds of Mainland Chinese and Taiwanese people are arrested in several countries across Asia during a crackdown on a telephone scam network. (AFP via Google News)
- Sinn Fein's Paul Maskey wins the West Belfast by-election. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- Hustle Hard - Ace Hood
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.80
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.61
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.51
- 1 CHF = 7.6804 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6186 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8615 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.829 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?