Sunday September 10, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 10, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Roberts and Sanjaya Malakar.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hangin' Tough by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
A Dry White Season, directed by Euzhan Palcy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Good Times by Russell Baker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Karate Kid.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baribari Legend or Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1989 ?
- Sanjaya Malakar: American singer and American Idol finalist.
- Jason Roberts: YouTube Star.
- Mohammed Assaf: World Music Singer.
- Josh Balz: Pianist.
- Manish Pandey: Indian cricketer.
- 109th US Mens Tennis: Boris Becker beats Ivan Lendl (76 16 63 76)
- 5 days after hitting a HR for Yankees in a 12-2 win over the Mariners
- Browns allow Pittsburgh only 53 net yards, a team defensive record
- Deion Sanders returns a punt 68 yards for a touchdown
- East Germans begin their flight to west (via Hungary & Czech)
- Muffin Spencer-Devlin wins LPGA Cellular One-Ping Golf Championship
- September 10–11 ndash Norway's ruling Labour Party loses eight seats in the parliamentary elections, its worst showing since 1945.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 September 1989
- Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins : 27 - 24
- Cincinnati Bengals - Chicago Bears : 14 - 17
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 51 - 0
- Dallas Cowboys - New Orleans Saints : 0 - 28
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1989?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Warrant - Heaven
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Skid Row - 18 And Life
Top #10 R&B songs
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- If You Asked Me To (From "Licence To Kill") - Patti LaBelle
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Lucerito - Cuentame
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?