Tuesday September 26, 1989
US date format: 9/26/1989, UK date format: 26/9/1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 26, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Emma Rigby and Kieran Gibbs.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK That's What I Like by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Henry V, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Silent Partner by Jonathan Kellerman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dark Heart of Uukrul or The Uncanny X-Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 26, 1989?
- Last Vietnamese soldiers leave Cambodia
- MPAA creates NC-17 rating for movies with adult themes
- Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze calls for total destruction of Soviet and US chemical weapons
- Vietnam announces that it has withdrawn the last of its troops from the State of Cambodia, ending an 11-year occupation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 26, 1989?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler) - Back To Life (However Do You Want Me)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- After 7 - Heat Of The Moment
- Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- Regina Belle - Baby Come To Me
- D'atra Hicks - Sweet Talk
- The Jacksons - 2300 Jackson Street
- Christopher Williams - Talk To Myself
Sport Games on September 26, 1989
- Cleveland Browns - Cincinnati Bengals : 14 - 21
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 26If September 26, 1989 is your birthday then Happy Birthday! Your next birthday will be in 365 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?