Saturday 23 September 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Jennings and Gabriel Montiel.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Mystery Train, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus Caper or F-15 Strike Eagle II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1989 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Brandon Jennings: American basketball player.
- Gabriel Montiel: YouTube Star.
- Kitkat : Filipino actress and singer.
- Mara Scherzinger: German actress.
- Blue Jays bat out of order against Brewers in 6th inning
- A cease-fire in the Lebanese Civil War stops the violence that had killed 900 people since March.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?