Sunday September 17, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danielle Brooks and Paige Houden.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Wanna Lose You by Gloria Estefan.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Black Rain, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alien Nation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bumpy or Cosmic Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1989 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Danielle Brooks
- Paige Houden
- Missy Lynn: YouTube Star.
- Jess Bowen: Drummer.
- Lindsie Chrisley: Reality Star.
- Kate Deines: American soccer player.
- Jay Stewart: Annoucer on Lets Make a Deal, commits suicide.
- 41st Emmy Awards: LA Law, Cheers, Dana Delany and Candice Bergen win
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- Hurricane Hugo begins four day sweep through Caribbean, killing 62.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Warrant - Heaven
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Skid Row - 18 And Life
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Madonna - Cherish
Top #10 R&B songs
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Lucerito - Cuentame
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?