Thursday 21 September 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Derulo and Sandor Earl.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Welcome Home, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Temple Of My Familiar by Alice Walker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Spirit: The New Legend or The Duel: Test Drive II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1989 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Jason Derulo: American Pop singer.
- Malachi Kirby: Actor.
- Sandor Earl: Australian rugby player.
- Jef Gaitan: Filipino actress and singer.
- Emma Watkins: Australian singer and actress (The Wiggles).
- F Fischer: German war criminal (4, Two of Breda).
- Hurricane Hugo makes landfall in South Carolina, causing US$7 billion in damage.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- After 7 - Heat Of The Moment
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- D'atra Hicks - Sweet Talk
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Fria como el viento - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Lucerito - Cuentame
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Por Ti - Yolandita Monge
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?