Wednesday 11 September 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Preben Elkjær Larsen and Jean-Yves Cendrey.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Organization Man by William H. Whyte Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wagon Train.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 September 1957 ?
- Preben Elkjær Larsen
- Jean-Yves Cendrey
- Jon Moss: English drummer (Culture Club London and The Nips).
- Jeff Sluman: American golfer.
- Jeffrey George Sluman: Rochester, New York -- PGA golfer (1988 PGA Champ).
- Brad Bird: American director and animator.
- Barbara Bongartz: German writer of novels, short stories, essays, texts on the fine arts, book reviews and radio reports.
- Petar Stojanovic: Composer, dies at 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?