Friday 14 June 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Schlosberg and Maxi Jazz.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1957 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Carol Schlosberg: American homicide victim; murdered the early afternoon of 3/29/1998 on a beach near Puerto Escondido, Mexico.
- Giovanna Botteri: Italian journalist a foreign correspondent in Baghdad during the war of February 2003.
- Maxi Jazz: British rapper (Faithless) and racing driver.
- Suzanne Johnson: American lawyer and businesswoman.
- Mona Simpson: American novelist.
- 42.0 cm rain falls on East St. Louis, Illinois (state record)
- Edouard Carpentier beats Lou Thesz, to become NWA wrestling champ
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?