Wednesday 11 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Mills and Patrick Tovatt in Garrett Ridge.
Flight Command, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1940 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Donna Mills: TV Actress.
- David Gates in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; musician (Bread - "If", "Everything I Own").
- Patrick Tovatt in Garrett Ridge: Colorado, USA; actor (Cal - As the World Turns).
- Edward Penhoet: American biochemist and CEO of Chiron, a biotech research and project company Penhoet has an AB in Biology and a PhD in Biochemistry; for relaxation he works in his vineyard.
- David Gates: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Bread).
- Russian General Zhukov warns of German assault.