Thursday 11 December 1930US date format: 12/11/1930, UK date format: 11/12/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Trintignant and Chus Lampreave.
Storm Over Mont Blanc, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1930 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Jean-Louis Trintignant: French actor and director, a film and TV star who made his debut in 1956.
- Chus Lampreave: Spanish actress.
- Leonard Friedman: Violinist.
- Friedrich von Bernhardi: German war theorist/historian, dies at age 81.
- Bank of the United States opens in New York City, New York.