Wednesday 11 December 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Clinton Adams.
The Squaw Man, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The U.P. Trail by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1918 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: Russian dissident writer, novelist and historian whose work brilliantly exposed the brutality of life in the Stalin era.
- Clinton Adams: American painter and historian (d. 2002).
- Ivan Cankar Slavic author (Hlapec Jernej): dies at age 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smiles - Lambert Murphy
- Oui, Oui, Marie - Arthur Fields
- The Yanks Are at it Again - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?