Wednesday 11 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 11, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Litaize and Gaston Gilbert Litaize.
The Way of the Cross, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1909 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Gaston Litaize: French organist, composer and teacher.
- Gaston Gilbert Litaize: Composer.
- Hugo Buchthal: Art historian.
- Jean Lancaster: Director (WRNS).
- Yuji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989).
- Leo Fender: Businessman.
- Alexandre Lucas: Camaret sur Mer physician.
- Yūji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989).
- Uku Masing: Estonian philosopher and theologian (d. 1985).
- Mario Montesanto: Italian soccer player, he was on Italy's national team from 1930 to 1936.
- Liner Arapahoe is 1st ship to use SOS distress call
- SOS 1st used by an American ship, Arapahoe, off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina
- Warren Bardsley (136 & 130) 1st to get twin tons in a Test