Tuesday July 11, 1939
US date format: 7/11/1939, UK date format: 11/7/1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Larry Laoretti and Seth Gaaikema.
Each Dawn I Die, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1939?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 7th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 3-1 at Yankee Stadium, New York New York Yankee / AL maanager Joe McCarthy starts 6 Yankees
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial