Tuesday 11 July 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mavis Staples and Larry Laoretti.
Blondie Takes a Vacation, directed by Frank R. Strayer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1939 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Mavis Staples: Musician.
- Larry Laoretti: Mahopac, New Jersey -- PGA golfer (US Seniors Open 1992).
- Seth Gaaikema: Dutch night club performer.
- Terrence Murray: American executive and CEO in charge of Fleet/Norstar Financial Group.
- 7th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 3-1 at Yankee Stadium, New York New York Yankee / AL maanager Joe McCarthy starts 6 Yankees