Saturday 11 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Slote and Gerrit van Niekerk Viljoen.
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1926 ?
- Alfred Slote: Author (Love & Tennis, Omega Station).
- Gerrit van Niekerk Viljoen: South African Minister of Legislation.
- Lee Richardson: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Sweet Lorraine, Fly 2, Tiger Warsaw).
- Robert Duranton: French wrestler and bodybuilder, elected 'Monsieur France' in 1946, 1948, 1949 and 1950, and 'Monsieur Europe' in 1951.
- Monique Lange: French writer, editor, and translator, whose works include film scripts, her memoir "Les Cabines de bain" ("The Bathing Huts", 1982), and biographies of Edith Piaf and Cocteau: "Jean Cocteau, prince sans royaume" (1989) and "Histoire de Piaf" (1988).
- Eddie Miksis: American baseball player (Born 1926)
- Matsunosuke Onoe: Japanese actor and director (d. 1926).
- 21st Davis Cup: USA beats France in Philadelphia (4-1)
- Spain leaves League of Nation due to Germany joining
- US defeats France for their 7th straight Davis Cup championship.
- Aloha Tower dedicated in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Cherie, I Love You - Ross Gorman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?