Saturday 11 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 11, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monique Lange and Gerrit van Niekerk Viljoen.
Dog Gone, directed by Mark Stouffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1926 ?
- Monique Lange: French writer, editor, and translator, whose works include film scripts, her memoir "Les Cabines de bain" ("The Bathing Huts", 1982), and biographies of Edith Piaf and Cocteau: "Jean Cocteau, prince sans royaume" (1989) and "Histoire de Piaf" (1988).
- Alfred Slote: Author (Love & Tennis, Omega Station).
- Gerrit van Niekerk Viljoen: South African Minister of Legislation.
- Lee Richardson: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Sweet Lorraine, Fly 2, Tiger Warsaw).
- Robert Duranton: French wrestler and bodybuilder, elected 'Monsieur France' in 1946, 1948, 1949 and 1950, and 'Monsieur Europe' in 1951.
- Eddie Miksis: American baseball player (Born 1926).
- Matsunosuke Onoe: Japanese actor and director (d. 1926).
- 21st Davis Cup: USA beats France in Philadelphia (4-1)
- Spain leaves League of Nation due to Germany joining
- US defeats France for their 7th straight Davis Cup championship.
- Aloha Tower dedicated in Honolulu, Hawaii.