Monday 12 April 1954US date format: 4/12/1954, UK date format: 12/4/1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 12, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Krakauer and John Faulkner.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Elephant Walk, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Bless This House by Norah Lofts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Running Wild.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1954 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Jon Krakauer: American journalist and author of...
- David Hanson: American professional ice hockey player...
- John Faulkner: Australian educator and politician 52nd...
- Steve Stevaert: Belgian businessman and politician...
- Pat Travers: Canadian singer-songwriter and...
- Pim [Willem JH] Mulier: Dutch journalist/sports-organizer, dies...
- Joe Turner releases Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Belgian Van Houtte government resigns.
- 18th Golf Masters Championship: Sam Snead beats Ben Hogan to win his third Masters tournament, shooting a 289.
- 8th NBA Championship: Minneapolis Lakers beat Syracuse Nationals, 4 games to 3.
- Bill Haley and His Comets record "Rock Around the Clock" in New York City. Initially unsuccessful, the recording would help launch the rock and roll revolution a year later.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?