Monday 5 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher S Nelson in New Orleans and Michael W Butler.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1954 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Christopher S Nelson in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Sons and Daughters).
- Michael W Butler: Computer programmer (created TODAY program).
- Stan Ridgeway: rocker (Mosquito - "Garage Sale").
- Laurence Galian: American Sufi, who is a dervish of the Halveti-Jerrahi Order from Istanbul, Turkey.
- Scott Nelson: American engineer who took a high-paying job with the Hospital Corporation of America and was sent to work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1984, monitoring the engineering equipment.
- Rick Rodriguez: American journalist, working for a metropolitan newspaper as an editor and columnist. He has been the Executive Editor of the Sacramento Bee since July 1998.
- Guy Bertrand: Canadian linguist and radio host
- Stan Ridgway: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Wall of Voodoo and Drywall)
- Peter Case: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Nerves and The Plimsouls)
- Claude Delvincourt: French composer and musician who studied under Widor.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 April 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?