Wednesday 7 April 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna White and Tony Dorsett NFL running back (Dallas Cowboys.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Spirit Of St. Louis by Charles Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1954 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Donna White: LPGA golfer.
- Tony Dorsett NFL running back (Dallas Cowboys: Heisman Trophy).
- Jean-Luc Carpon: French race horse jockey and owner.
- Jackie Chan: Chinese master of martial arts who began to build his reputation with the films "Drunken Master," 1978 and "The Fearless Hyena," 1979, made in Hong Kong.
- Tony Dorsett: American football player, a running back called "greatest carrier of all time," Heisman Trophy winner in 1976.
- Ezio Greggio: Italian comedian, actor, writer and film director.
- German government refuses to recognize DDR
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his ''domino theory'' speech during a news conference.
- WALB TV channel 10 in Albany, Georgia (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- US President Dwight Eisenhower fears "domino-effect" in Indo-China.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his quotdomino theoryquot speech during a news conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?