Thursday 22 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Bottoms in Santa Barbara and Joseph Bottoms.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tony Martin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1954 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Joseph Bottoms in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Surfacing, Blind Date).
- Joseph Bottoms: American actor, the second of four brothers, all actors.
- Serena Dandini: Italian television presenter and television writer.
- Jōji Nakata: Japanese voice actor.
- Senate Army-McCarthy televised hearings began
- Achiel van Acker forms Belgian government.
- NBA adopts the 24-second shot clock and six team-foul rule.
- US Senate Army-McCarthy televised hearings begin.
- USSR joins UNESCO.
- Red Scare: Witnesses begin testifying and live television coverage of the Army-McCarthy Hearings begins.
- Senator Joseph McCarthy begins hearings investigating the United States Army for being quotsoftquot on Communism.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 April 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?