Saturday 12 January 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Gendebien and Jan Willem Radecker.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 12 January 1924 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Olivier Gendebien: Belgian race car driver and businessman (d. 1998).
- Jan Willem Radecker: Sculptor / Son of John Raedecker.
- Grethe Holmer: Danish actress (d. 2004).
- Matti Kassila: Finnish film director, his son Taavi is also a film director.
- Chris Chase: American model actress and journalist (d. 2013).
- History of Science Society organized at Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Gopinath Saha shoots a man he erroneously thinks is the police commissioner of Calcutta (Charles Augustus Tegart) he is arrested soon after.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Old-Fashioned Love - Frank Crumit
- I Love You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Rememb'ring - Paul Ash & His Granada Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?