Wednesday 12 June 1929US date format: 6/12/1929, UK date format: 12/6/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Frank and Anthony Speller.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1929 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Anne Frank: German-born diarist (Born 1929).
- Anthony Speller
- Frank Rosenthal
- Anne Frank: Dutch-Jewish writer of a diary from age 14 -15 while she and her family lived in total confinement, hiding in an attic from the Nazis where non-Jewish friends had sheltered them.
- Jameel Jalibi: Pakistani scholar, writer, and Urdu linguist.
- John McCluskey: Scottish jurist, one of the top judges in Scotland.
- Brigid Brophy: English author and critic (d. 1995).