Monday 12 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jesus Franco and Manuel Marulanda.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1930 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Jesus Franco: Spanish film director.
- Manuel Marulanda
- Stanley Elkin: Novelist.
- Edsger Dijkstra: Scientist.
- Pat McCormick-Keller in Lakewood: California, USA; platform/springboard diver (Olympics-4 gold-1952, 1956).
- Jesús Franco: Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Pieter Jelles Troelstra: Dutch SDAP leader, dies at age 70.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Marc Connelly (Green Pastures)