Wednesday 12 November 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tonke Dragt and Ann Flood.
Morocco, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Tonke Dragt: Dutch children book author (Towers of February).
- Ann Flood: American actress.
- Eugene Obregon: American military, United States Marine who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for sacrificing his life to save that of a wounded comrade during the Second Battle of Seoul.
- Wilhelmus Vreeswijk: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Bob Crewe: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2014).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Peanut Vendor - Don Azpiazu & His Havana Casino Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?