Monday 3 November 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lois Smith in Topeka and Philip M Crane.
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1930 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Lois Smith in Topeka: Kansas, USA; actress (Reckless, Reuben Reuben).
- Philip M Crane: (Rep-R-Illinois, 1969- ).
- Ken Berry in Moline: Illinois, USA; actor (F Troop, Mayberry RFD, Mama's Family).
- D James Kennedy: American theologian (d. 2007).
- Peggy McCay: American actress.
- Philip Crane: American politician and campaigner for the 1979 U.S. presidential Republican nomination, from a family with generations of political service in the state of Illinois. Defense and foreign policy have been his chief concerns during his years of public service. He has authored three books, "The Democrats’ Dilemma," 1964, "Surrender of Panama: The Case Against the Treaty," 1978 and "The Sum of Good Government," 1976. He has edited other books and contributed to numerous publications.
- Lois Smith: Topeka Actor
- Phil Crane: American academic and politician (d. 2014)
- Bill Dana: American engineer pilot and astronaut (d. 2014)
- Mable John: American singer
- D Kennedy: American pastor and author (d. 2007)
- Brian Robinson: English cyclist
- Tsutomu Seki: Japanese astronomer and academic
- Frits Staal: Dutch philosopher and scholar (d. 2012)
- 1st vehicular tunnel to a foreign country (Detroit-Windsor) opens
- First US vehicular tunnel to a foreign country (Detroit-to-Windsor, Canada) opens.
- Bank of Italy becomes Bank of America.
- Getulio Dornelles Vargas becomes Head of the Provisional Government in Brazil after a bloodless coup on October 24.
- An earthquake in the Izu Peninsula of Japan kills 223 people and destroys 650 buildings.
- Cecil George Paine, a pathologist at the Sheffield Royal Infirmary in England, achieves the first recorded cure (of an eye infection) using penicillin.
- December ndash All adult Turkish women are given the right to vote in elections.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?