Sunday November 09, 1930
US date format: 11/9/1930, UK date format: 9/11/1930
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Moravec and Charlie Jones in Fort Smith.
Morocco, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 09, 1930?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- See more
- First nonstop airplane flight from New York to Panama.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 09, 1930?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Don Azpiazu & His Havana Casino Orchestra - The Peanut Vendor