Sunday 9 November 1930US date format: 11/9/1930, UK date format: 9/11/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Moravec and Charlie Jones in Fort Smith.
Morocco, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1930 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:09 November
- 1st nonstop airplane flight from New York to Panama
- First nonstop airplane flight from New York to Panama.