Sunday November 23, 1930
US date format: 11/23/1930, UK date format: 23/11/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bill Brock (politician) and Herberto Helder.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 23, 1930?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- See more
- New York Giants' Hap Moran runs 91 yards for a touchdown from a scrimmage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 23, 1930?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Nichols & His Five Pennies - Embraceable You