Wednesday 5 November 1930US date format: 11/5/1930, UK date format: 5/11/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 5, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clifford Irving and Herb Edelman in Brooklyn.
Morocco, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Clifford Irving: American writer and popular novelist who claimed to be the official biographer of Howard Hughes, one of the biggest literary hoaxes ever perpetrated.
- Doris Roberts: Actress.
- Herb Edelman in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Good Guys, Strike Force, 9 to 5).
- Wim Bleijenberg: Dutch footballer and manager (d. 2016).
- Hans Mommsen: German historian and academic (d. 2015).
- Christiaan Eijkman: Dutch physician and pathologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1858).
- Nobel for literature awarded to Sinclair Lewis for Babbitt