Monday 24 November 1930US date format: 11/24/1930, UK date format: 24/11/1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dante Lavelli and Yale Lary.
Rogue of the Rio Grande, directed by Spencer Gordon Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dante Lavelli: AAFC / NFL end (Cleveland Browns).
- Yale Lary: American football player, a safety/punter, who was named All-NFL four times and played in nine Pro Bowls.
- Bob Friend: American baseball player and politician.
- 1st woman pilot on a transcontinental air flight Miss Ruth Nichols (Mineola, New York to California), in a Lockheed-Vega, took 7 days