Saturday October 12, 1918
US date format: 10/12/1918, UK date format: 12/10/1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 12, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Kate Haynes and Dorothy Haynes.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 12, 1918?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- See more
- Forest fire in Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin kills about 800
- Cloquet Minnesota and 25 other communities destroyed by forest fire, 559 die.
- A massive forest fire kills 453 people in Minnesota.
- Cloquet Fire: The city of Cloquet, Minnesota and nearby areas are destroyed in a fire, killing 453.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 12, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Ellis - While You're Away
- Arthur Fields - Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning
- Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four - Good-Bye, Mother Machree