Saturday 12 October 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Kate Haynes and Dorothy Haynes.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1918 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Dorothy Kate Haynes
- Emil Cossetto: Composer.
- Dorothy Haynes: Scottish author of a horror anthology containing 26 stories.
- Frank Robert: Norwegian actor, singer, and dancer.
- Jakob Lobmeyer: Germany Military man.
- Forest fire in Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin kills about 800
- Cloquet Minnesota and 25 other communities destroyed by forest fire, 559 die.
- A massive forest fire kills 453 people in Minnesota.
- Cloquet Fire: The city of Cloquet, Minnesota and nearby areas are destroyed in a fire, killing 453.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis