Saturday 12 October 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emil Cossetto and Dorothy Haynes.
The Romance of Tarzan, directed by Wilfred Lucas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1918 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Emil Cossetto: Composer.
- Dorothy Haynes: Scottish author of a horror anthology containing 26 stories.
- Frank Robert: Norwegian actor, singer, and dancer.
- Jakob Lobmeyer: Germany Military man.
- Forest fire in Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin kills about 800
- Cloquet Minnesota and 25 other communities destroyed by forest fire, 559 die.
- A massive forest fire kills 453 people in Minnesota.
- Cloquet Fire: The city of Cloquet, Minnesota and nearby areas are destroyed in a fire, killing 453.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 October 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?