Friday December 13, 1901
US date format: 12/13/1901, UK date format: 13/12/1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include John Wijga and Olev Roomet.
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 13, 1901?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- See more
- Test debut of S F Barnes versus Australia Sydney Cricket Ground, took 5-65 in first innings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 13, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Will Denny - Any Old Place I Hang My Hat is Home, Sweet Home To Me