Friday 13 December 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rosalia Lombardo and Bill Vukovich.
The Squaw Man, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Rosalia Lombardo: Italian pneumonia victim (d. 1920).
- Bill Vukovich: Indianapolis 500 driver, dies in crash at age 27.
- Wilson, becomes 1st to make a foreign visit as President (France)
- US army of occupation crosses the Rhine, enters Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oui, Oui, Marie - Arthur Fields
- Smiles - Lambert Murphy
- The Yanks Are at it Again - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?