Saturday 13 December 1930US date format: 12/13/1930, UK date format: 13/12/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Allen and Genevieve Page.
Storm Over Mont Blanc, directed by Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Ed Allen
- Genevieve Page: Actress (Day & the Hour).
- Robert Prosky in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Christine, Sergeant Jablonski - Hill Street Blues).
- Silvio Santos: Businessman.
- Nathan Zach: Israeli poet.
- Robert Prosky: American actor (Born 1930).
- Allen : American TV personality who hosts exercise shows.
- Fritz Pregl: Slovenian chemist and physician Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1930).
- Theodore Steeg forms French government.