Tuesday 13 March 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Koledzicom po svijetu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Imagine or Alliance of Valiant Arms.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 March 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 March
- Arnold Skaaland: American professional wrestler (Born 1925).
- Demonstrators in Mexico City clash with police as U.S. President George W. Bush meets with Mexican President Felipe Calderón in Mérida, Yucatán. (AP via Jerusalem Post)
- Relatives of the 17 victims of the USS ''Cole'' bombing take Sudan to court in a civil suit claiming that the terrorist attack could not have happened without Sudan's help. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Twenty Ecuadoran lawmakers clash with police after trying to regain their seats in Congress. The legislators were part of a group of 57 dismissed by President Rafael Correa for trying to block a referendum. (BBC)
- Morgan Tsvangirai, the leader of the Movement for Democratic Change in Zimbabwe, appears in court limping and with a head wound after having been arrested on Sunday. Tsvangarai is later taken from court to a hospital under police guard. (New York Times)
- Spanish police arrest Brian David Anderson, a Canadian citizen, in Madrid, on behalf of the U.S. government, for allegedly engaging in fraud and funding a terrorist camp in Afghanistan. (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Alexander Veshnyakov, the head of Russia's Central Election Commission, is removed after criticising changes to electoral laws favouring United Russia associated with Vladimir Putin. (BBC)
- Alberto Gonzales, the Attorney General of the United States, acknowledges that mistakes were made in the handling of the firing of eight federal prosecutors. His top aide Kyle Sampson resigns for not advising other senior officials of the Department of Justice about discussions with former White House counsel Harriet Miers regarding the possible firings. (AP via the Advocate)
- At least 50 people die due to heavy snow in Kashmir and thunderstorms in the rest of northern India. (AFP via News Limited)
- Five British Embassy workers kidnapped in Ethiopia twelve days ago have been set free in neighbouring Eritrea. (The Times)
- A draft Climate Change Bill is published in the United Kingdom, outlining a framework for achieving a mandatory 60% cut in carbon emissions by 2050. (BBC)
- Japan and Australia sign a security pact, the first defence treaty for Japan with a nation other than the United States since the end of World War II. (BBC)
- The Mauritanian government announces that Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi and Ahmed Ould Daddah have won the most votes in the first round of the 2007 presidential election, and their runoff election will be held on March 25. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 March 2007
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Coventry - Wolves : 2 - 1
- Derby - QPR : 1 - 1
- Leicester - Leeds : 1 - 1
- Luton - Hull : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Woking : 2 - 2
- Cambridge - York : 0 - 5
- Grays - Tamworth : 1 - 0
- Halifax - Rushden & D : 0 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Partick - St Johnstone : 2 - 0
- Ross County - Hamilton : 4 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Dumbarton - Stenhousemuir : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?