Thursday 13 June 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Inez Peterson and James Tait.
Diamond Cut Diamond, directed by Darrell James Roodt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1912!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1912 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Inez Peterson: American school teacher.
- James Tait: Scottish engineer, educator, and school administrator he was a professor of electrical engineering and first Vice Chancellor of London's City University.
- Heinrich Arend: Germany Scientist.
- Hector de Saint-Denys Garneau: Canadian poet and painter (d. 1943).
- Captain Albert Berry made the 1st parachute jump from an airplane
- New York Giant Christy Mathewson wins his 300th game
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Gaby Glide - Arthur Pryor's Band
- The Gaby Glide - Billy Murray
- Elegie (Song of Mourning) - Alma Gluck