Friday 13 June 1930US date format: 6/13/1930, UK date format: 13/6/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Veyne and Meade Roberts.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1930 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Paul Veyne: French archaeologist historian and academic.
- Meade Roberts: American playwright and screenwriter who worked closely with Tennessee Williams.
- Jim Nabors: Actor.
- Ryszard Kuklinski: Polish colonel (d. 2004).
- Gotthard Graubner: German painter and educator (d. 2013).
- Ryszard Kukliński: Polish colonel and spy (d. 2004).
- Henry Segrave: British racing driver who held land speed records and the water speed record (Born 1896).
- 1st Nudist Colony opens
- 22 people killed by hailstones in Siatista, Greece.