Saturday 13 June 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seka Sablic and René Carron.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1942 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Seka Sablic
- René Carron: French banker, the Chairman of the Board of Crédit Agricole.
- Yiannis Boutaris: Greek businessman and politician Mayor of Thessaloniki.
- James Carr: American Rhythm & Blues and soul musicians (Born 1942).
- Walter Rodney: Guyanese historian and activist (d. 1980).
- Viktor Suslin: Russian-German composer (d. 2012).
- FDR creates Office of War with Elmer Davis as head
- Germany puts 4 saboteurs on Long Island
- OSS, Office of Strategic Services, form
- (evening) George Dasch, Ernest Burger, Heinrich Heinck, and Richard Quirin, all American citizens of German birth, and members of the German Nazi party, land on the beach of Long Island, New York, from a small row boat. Their mission is to sabotage industrial installations producing war material.