Tuesday 13 June 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Walter Alvarez and Prince Aly Khan.
The Infant at Snakeville, directed by Gilbert M. 'Broncho Billy' Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1911 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Luis Walter Alvarez
- Prince Aly Khan
- Erwin Wilhelm Muller: German-born physicist (d. 1977).
- Luis Alvarez: American physicist and Nobel Prize winner 1968 for his work on the liquid-hydrogen bubble chamber.
- Aly Khan: Pakistani noted family, the great-grandson of Aga Khan I, grandson of Aga Khan II and son of Aga Khan III, the richest man in the world and Indian Representative to the United Nations.
- Achille Peretti: French politician, a lawyer by profession, and a member of the French resistance, who was in charge of security of Charles de Gaulle's government in Algiers.
- Jean-Paul Vincent: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Bayonne.
- Maurice Copeland: Actor (Ralph-Those Young Charmings), dies at 74.
- Erwin Müller: German physicist and academic (d. 1977).
- Albert Cleage: Famous African.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Piano Man - Billy Murray
- Honey Love - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?