Tuesday 13 June 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Walter Alvarez and Prince Aly Khan.
The Coffin Ship, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1911 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Luis Walter Alvarez
- Prince Aly Khan
- Erwin Wilhelm Muller: German-born physicist (d. 1977).
- Luis Alvarez: American physicist and Nobel Prize winner 1968 for his work on the liquid-hydrogen bubble chamber.
- Aly Khan: Pakistani noted family, the great-grandson of Aga Khan I, grandson of Aga Khan II and son of Aga Khan III, the richest man in the world and Indian Representative to the United Nations.
- Milovan Djilas: Yugoslavian politician (1945-54), dies.
- Jean-Paul Vincent: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Bayonne.
- Maurice Copeland: Actor (Ralph-Those Young Charmings), dies at 74.
- Erwin Müller: German physicist and academic (d. 1977).
- Achille Peretti: French politician, a lawyer by profession, and a member of the French resistance, who was in charge of security of Charles de Gaulle's government in Algiers.
- Albert Cleage: Famous African.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down East - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- That Loving Soul Kiss - Sophie Tucker