Monday 13 October 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Simon and Bob Hunter.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1941 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Paul Simon: American singer, song-writer who teamed up with Art Garfunkel to become folk-rock music icons of the 60's with songs such as "The Sounds of Silence," Homeward Bound," "America," "The Boxer" and "Scarborough Fair.
- Bob Hunter: Canadian broadcast journalist and environmental activist, who co-founded the environmental group, "Greenpeace," and spearheaded the successful campaign that helped to ban commercial whaling.
- Mick Doyle (rugby player)
- Craig Washington: Politician.
- GJ Berenschot: General / Supreme Commander Dutch East Indies army.