Monday 13 September 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Drell and Emile Francis NHL player/coach/general manager (New York Rangers.
Dog Gone, directed by Mark Stouffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1926 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Emile Francis NHL player/coach/general manager (New York Rangers: Saint Louis Blues, Hartford Whalers).
- Sidney Drell: American theoretical physicist and arms control expert.
- Franco Pedroni: Italy sport Champion.
- Andrew Brimmer: American economist and academic (d. 2012).
- Emile Francis: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager.
- J Raley: American soldier and politician (d. 2012).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band