Monday 13 September 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
Easy A, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Freedom by Jonathan Franzen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Behzat Ç.: Bir Ankara Polisiyesi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atari Greatest Hits Volume 1 or 101 Shark Pets.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2010 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- At least 18 people are dead after protests in Jammu and Kashmir following reported burning of a Koran in the United States. (Voice of America)
- Peter Hain reveals Nelson Mandela was ampquotbreathing fireampquot down a phone about Tony Blair's role in invading Iraq. (BBC News)
- A civilian is killed and six people injured in fighting in Iraq's Diyala Governorate. (Xinhua)
- Cuba announces plans to cut up to half a million public sector jobs to revive the island's economy, in the biggest private sector shift since the 1959 revolution. (CNN)
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision based in Basel, Switzerland, increases capital requirements for banks around the world to be introduced on 1 January 2015. (''The Australian'')
- Harley-Davidson workers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin approve a new contract freezing pay and cutting jobs following a threat to move production from the state cutting 1,350 jobs. (AP via Google News)
- A study of Food and Drug Administration and U.S. Department of Agriculture employees shows that the food industry has been successfully withholding information from inspectors and pressuring the government agencies to withdraw or alter policies which promote food safety. (Reuters)
- Monsoon flooding on the Yamuna River threatens the Taj Mahal in Agra, India after more than of water had to be released from a barrage in Haryana, while hundreds of nearby villages flooded and flooding continues in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. (''The Weather Network'')
- Russian diplomat Yuri Fedotov takes office as the head of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (AP)
- The ruling National Resistance Movement in Uganda endorses incumbent President Yoweri Museveni to run for a fourth term in presidential elections in early 2011. (Xinhua)
- A rare congress of the Korean Workers' Party in North Korea is postponed amid speculation about the health of Kim Jong-il. (Arirang)
- André-Joseph Léonard, the Archbishopric of Mechelen-Brussels and head of Belgium's Roman Catholic Church, announces how the church will deal with widespread cases of sexual abuse within its ranks. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- US defense officials claim they are preparing to notify Congress of plans to sell $60 billion of military equipment to Saudi Arabia. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 September 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Karlsruhe : 5 - 5
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Sociedad : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Ajaccio : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Stoke - Aston Villa : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?