Monday 13 September 2010US date format: 9/13/2010, UK date format: 13/9/2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
The Social Network, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boardwalk Empire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Drive or Body and Brain Connection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2010 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- Rafael Nadal of Spain wins the Men's Singles at the 2010 US Open defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia 6-4 5-7 6-4 6-2 becoming the seventh man in history to win all four Grand Slam titles, and the youngest man to ever achieve the Career Golden Slam. (BBC)
- At least 17 people die after a Conviasa ATR 42 crashes near Ciudad Guayana in Venezuela's Bolívar State. (Xinhua) (Sina) (Voice of America)
- US defense officials claim they are preparing to notify Congress of plans to sell $60 billion of military equipment to Saudi Arabia. (CNN) (Reuters)
- The ruling National Resistance Movement in Uganda endorses incumbent President Yoweri Museveni to run for a fourth term in presidential elections in early 2011. (AFP) (Xinhua)
- Cuba announces plans to cut up to half a million public sector jobs to revive the island's economy, in the biggest private sector shift since the 1959 revolution. (BBC),(Al Jazeera), (CNN)
- At least 18 people are dead after protests in Jammu and Kashmir following reported burning of a Koran in the United States. (BBC) (IBN Live) (Times of India), (Voice of America)
- Peter Hain reveals Nelson Mandela was ampquotbreathing fireampquot down a phone about Tony Blair's role in invading Iraq. (BBC News)
- A civilian is killed and six people injured in fighting in Iraq's Diyala Governorate. (Xinhua)
- The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision based in Basel, Switzerland, increases capital requirements for banks around the world to be introduced on 1 January 2015. (''The Australian'')
- Harley-Davidson workers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin approve a new contract freezing pay and cutting jobs following a threat to move production from the state cutting 1,350 jobs. (AP via Google News)
- A study of Food and Drug Administration and U.S. Department of Agriculture employees shows that the food industry has been successfully withholding information from inspectors and pressuring the government agencies to withdraw or alter policies which promote food safety. (Reuters)
- Monsoon flooding on the Yamuna River threatens the Taj Mahal in Agra, India after more than 800,000 cu ft/s (23,000 m/s) of water had to be released from a barrage in Haryana, while hundreds of nearby villages flooded and flooding continues in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. (MSN India) (The Weather Network)
- Russian diplomat Yuri Fedotov takes office as the head of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (AP)
- A rare congress of the Korean Workers' Party in North Korea is postponed amid speculation about the health of Kim Jong-il. (Radio Television Hong Kong) (Voice of Russia) (Arirang)
- André-Joseph Léonard, the Archbishopric of Mechelen-Brussels and head of Belgium's Roman Catholic Church, announces how the church will deal with widespread cases of sexual abuse within its ranks. (BBC), (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Sport Games on 13 September 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Karlsruhe : 5 - 5
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Sociedad : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Ajaccio : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Stoke - Aston Villa : 2 - 1
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Malo - Aventura
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Savior - Rise Against
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Rob Bagot joined Eleven, San Francisco, in a new post, group creative director. [..]
Ikea is beginning a huge ad campaign based on the idea that having a custom home can improve a person’s life. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $34.64
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $79.64
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.33
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $38.45
- 1 CHF = 6.7079 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5804 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9798 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.325 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?