Sunday 14 April 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chadli Bendjedid and William Edgar Thornton in Faison North Carolina USA MD/astronaut (STS-8 51-B sk.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 April 1929 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Chadli Bendjedid
- William Edgar Thornton in Faison North Carolina USA MD/astronaut (STS-8 51-B sk: 49).
- Roger Lamazère: French chef, whose restaurant Le Lamazère, close to the Champs Elysées in Paris, was internationally renowned until his death on 27 January 2000.
- Roger Lamazere: Toulouse EXecutives.
- Gerry Anderson: English director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Inez Andrews: American singer-songwriter (The Caravans) (d. 2012).
- he inaugural Monaco Grand Prix is won by William_Grover-Williams.
- May ndash The Wickersham Commission begins its investigation of alcohol prohibition in the U.S.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?