Friday 19 April 1929US date format: 4/19/1929, UK date format: 19/4/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dullio Loi and Edward Crook.
Where East Is East, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1929 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Dullio Loi
- Edward Crook: Detroit, Michigan -- Middleweight boxer (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Duilio Loi: Italian boxer, a world champion.
- 33rd Boston Marathon won by Johnny Miles of Canada in 2:33:08.6.