Monday 29 April 1929US date format: 4/29/1929, UK date format: 29/4/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Thorpe and Vaclav Kucera.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1929 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jeremy Thorpe: Jeremy Thorpe was a British former politician who was leader of the Liberal Party from 1967 to 1976 and Member of Parliament (MP) for North Devon from 1959 to 1979.
- Vaclav Kucera: Composer.
- W Kempowski: Writer.
- [John] Jeremy: Thorpe; British Member of Parliament (Liberal).
- Ray Barretto: American jazz musician (d. 2006).
- Peter Joshua Sculthorpe: Composer.
- Mickey McDermott: American baseball player and coach (d. 2003).
- Peter Sculthorpe: Australian composer and conductor (d. 2014).
- Maurice Strong: Canadian businessman and diplomat (d. 2015).
- Walter Kempowski: German author and academic (d. 2007).