Wednesday 24 April 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Darrigade and Stanislas Curyl.
The Squall, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1929 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- André Darrigade: French road cyclist racer, he won 22 stages as a sprinter in the Tours de France (to compare with Mark Cavendish).
- Ferit Tuzun: Composer.
- Stanislas Curyl: France sport Champion.
- Andre Darrigade: France sport Champion.
- Rajkumar : Indian actor and singer (d. 2006).
- 1st non-stop England to India flight takes-off
- Thorvald Stauning becomes premier of Denmark.